Friday, April 07, 2006

three weeks!!

Three weeks from today I plan to walk into Giolotti, near the Pantheon, for a gelato.

I will get my poor car repaired while I'm gone. My insurance adjuster finally spoke to the guy who hit my car. She is going to fight to have his insurance reimburse all our costs. He keeps changing his story, now saying I was speeding. Sorry, going 15-20 miles per hour down a residential street with speed bumps is not speeding. Stronzo!

On Fridays I try to workout outside and hike in Runyon Canyon. I got up at 5:30 today and it was still dark out. So I went to the gym instead and used the elliptical trainer. It's the only time I get to catch up on music videos. I love the new Kanye West video. I just saw the director, Chris Milk's reel. Very, very taleted. Finally saw the Sharika/Wyclef video. Really like that song, must get the CD. Pink's "Stupid Girl" video is sad but funny. I'm still waiting for the Stupid Girl trend to end. Mary J. Blige, still in heavy rotation, cannot get enought of that song. I was sent KT Tunstall's cd a couple weeks ago and it has not left my CD player. Saw her video for the first time. Her debut CD is excellent. Madonna's "Sorry" great, fun dance song. Reminds me of going to skate USA at the Willowbrook Mall back in the day. Good times.

Speaking of the gym, I haven't weighed myself in weeks but I can tell I'm in better shape. I can almost make it through a boot camp class and my clothes are looser.

3 comments:

Tracie P. said...

i don't care what anyone says, giolotti is definitely NOT great gelato. i was disappointed. maybe they have just decided to rest on the old laurels.

let me find the business card of my fav place and i'll send it to you.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Grazie. I am always up for finding great gelato. I found this tiny place near the Trevi fountain area (not San Crispino, which I never made it to) that had the best black cherry gelato. I have no idea what the name of it was but I plan on making a return visit.

Tracie P. said...

it's amarena! whenever you see dried cherry in gelato or in a pastry it goes by that name. and it can be heaven if the white is tangy. otherwise the cherry syrup is way too sweet. but that's just my opinion.