Thursday, May 25, 2006

Three day weekend

How excited am I about the upcoming three day weekend? I am going to turn off my phone and get caught up. All my friends will be out of town anyway. I will finally finishing unpacking, write, get a new car, cook, and maybe if I'm feeling ambitious, bake.

Yesterday was productive. My lunch meeting with an exec at Matt & Ben's company way out in Santa Monica so I worked from home in the morning. I plowed through my emails, phone sheet, and after lunch went to the office. After work hit the grocery store.

I want to try this new receipe from Giada's latest cookbook, linguine with chicken ragu. I decided to make the marinara sauce a day ahead. I made it last night. It was really simple and tasted molto buono. I don't watch American Idol so read a script. Trying to get through at least half of my weekend read pile now so I'm not stressed about it later.

One of my plants on my patio died while I was in Italy. Not enough rain. I might buy some gardenias to replace it. I have to see how much time I have this weekend. If not, I will deal with my patio "garden" next weekend. I want to buy some basil, mint and maybe some geraniums or something. I will see what the nursery suggests.

Off to my breakfast meeting. I only went to the gym for a half hour. I'm still bloated so not really motivated to work out. Only motivated to eat.

3 comments:

A Novelist said...

Enjoy the long weekend! I can't wait for it to get here either! :)

gibber said...

I'm going to see my nephew tomorrow! So excited. I'm dragging today - i think I'm going to go home soon. I need to water my plants...I lost my thyme to lack of water while I was in LA. SO sad.

Have a great weekend woman!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

thanks novelist. gibber give "master P" a big kiss for me.