Saturday, May 27, 2006

Day one

of "operation back on track". Okay, I still haven't finished unpacking but I wrote seven pages today. It took me a minute to get into a groove.

I had so much to do, I'm was a little overwhelmed. I decided not to worry about unpacking or doing the dishes. After I got back from the gym, I ran some errands and tried to write. I just stared at a blank page. I haven't touched my book since I got back from Rome. I did write alot in my notebook while in Italy but that was mostly working on my outline and character breakdowns.

So I fixed typos from what I wrote earlier. I then looked at my photos from my trip, ate lunch, did some Italian homework, read the latest issue of Vogue, then started writing.

Turned off my phones, put on some music (George Michael's greatest hits and Zero 7's Simple Things) and had a very productive afternoon.

I made the linguine and chicken ragu last night. It was soooo good. Alright, I need to deal with these dishes. The highlight of my Friday night will be watching "What Not to Wear." on TLC. My life is so excited. Not.

No comments: