Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A new used car

I am the proud owner of a Saab. I went to Santa Monica Saab after doing some research online. I stayed within my budget and will pay off the car by the end of the year. My insurance company will pick up my old car at the dealership.

This was a very productive weekend. I read a bunch of scripts and two books (one for work and one for leisure), finished unpacking (finally) and wrote 38 pages! Not sure about what I wrote today but very happy with what I wrote Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I made mojitos, put on some Seal, Madonna and the La Finestra di Fronte soundtrack and went to work.

My apartment may have no character but since I have to live here I'm trying to make the best of it. I bought a new floor lamp from West Elm. The oversized lampshade is really funky. I stopped by the farmers market around the corner and bought a bunch of daisies. None of these things cost alot but have made a difference. I'm thinking of getting curtains to cover the hideous veritcal blinds in my living room and bedroom. I don't have a lot of time right now but at some point I need to find out what is underneath this disgusting wall to wall carpeting. It might be hardwood floors. I know my landlord is not going to replace the carpet any time soon. She wants us to vacate the apartments so she can jack up the rent by at least $500 a month.

Yesterday after spinning class went to the nursery to get some plants for my patio. They were out of basil and gardenias. I bought some petunias and cosmos for a window box. Slowly things are coming together.

I rented "Only You" after hearing about the great locations. I have caught some of the movie on cable but this is my first time seeing the entire movie. Despite some bad mid 90's fashion and a far-fetched premise, it was cute. Of course I wanted to book a ticket to Italy right after. Allora, back to work. I still have some scripts to read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW USED CAR!!!!!!!

I am so glad to hear you were very productive this weekend and that you are sprusing up your apt. I think you have a really love home and I know those little touches add up to a lot.

I miss you and hope to see you, the car and the pictures from Italy soon!

XOXO
Corinna

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

grazie corrina. see you soon.

Tracie P. said...

auguri:)