Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The power of positive thinking and George Costanza

I am having a hard time walking, sitting or moving in general today. Yesterday's boot camp class kicked my butt. I also ate no junk food yesterday.

I have received some very good notes on my book. Excellent and constructive criticism along with some encouraging words. One note that jumped out at me was, my protangonist can be quite bitter at times. If she hates L.A. so much why does she still live there?

Not to get all Norman Vincent Peale but there is something to be said about positive thinking. I have decided to do the opposite of what I have been doing, ala George Costanza. I feel like crap so I sit on the sofa, read bad scripts, and eat? No more. I feel invisible so I don't really care about how I dress? No more. I try to save every penny from my low salary and not travel? No more, life is too short. Guys here are not feeling me? Whatever, their loss. I refuse to be bummed out about this upcoming birthday. So I am going to celebrate it for the whole freaking week.

Now I have to figure out how to turn the power of positive thinking into action. I have made some progress by working out more. I feel better already. I need to buy some more sexy underwear. A friend has started her own lingerie line. It's not cheap but one must pay for quality. Let's see what else can I do? I will be going to see my family on the east coast next month, so very excited about that.

4 comments:

gibber said...

what's the lingerie line? i just brought some new stuff (it is amazing what a nice pair of panties will do) but i could use some more. i knew it was time to get some more stuff when i noticed that i'd been wearing the same undies for YEARS.

also, is it weird that i still wear these shorts that i brought in 1993? Mom and i got them at willowbrook mall as pajama bottoms and i STILL wear them to bed. hehehehe

positive thinking can do wonders dear. when i get depressed, i think about christmas. sure, it's a long time from now, but it will be two weeks of pure bliss. woo-to the-hoo!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

God I remember those. I am also looking forward to Christmas but might have to do something in between.

here is the website for the lingerie

www.lavande-swk.com

Kathy said...

It's amazing how great sexy underwear can make you feel, even if nobody else sees it!

It's too bad we don't live near each other, we could go work out together. But since we don't, you'll just have to get used to me encouraging you through cyberspace - so....c'mon girl, you can do it!

Wanda said...

Go, sister! A whole week of birthday is the way to do it...every year. Yeah!