Monday, September 25, 2006

I was two minutes from throwing my computer out the window.

I was finally able to get on the internet ten minutes ago. All weekend everytime I tried to get on, my computer would freeze. I broke down and called SBC support (at $139) and after hours of being on the phone, running to the computer store (which was useless), getting my laptop from the office (again, useless) we were able to find out the problem. My whole day was shot. I didn't write a damn thing today or go to the gym. I feel very blah.

I do need to get a new computer at some point. Seeing how my trip home for Christmas will cost almost $2,000, not happening anytime soon.

I did hike in Tesmescal Canyon yesterday with a friend and we bumped into another friend of mine on the way out. I'm still getting over this cold, so I took a long ass nap yesterday afternoon, made some soup and watched GOODFELLAS.

I need to pull myself together before my dinner tonight. My Italian professor invited me and another classmate to dinner. His girlfriend is American so I will not be the only person speaking English tonight. It's casual but I don't want to show up looking crazy. Taking a shower would be a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

Susan in Italy said...

Sorry about your computer and your cold, but to me a couple hours on the sofa watching Goodfellas would help a lot. Hope it did. In boca al lupo for the dinner!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

It did. I forgot how long that movie is. Your mushroom dish looks amazing (not crazy about the worm situation)