Sunday, January 07, 2007

online dating

My sister during the holidays kept encouraging me to give try it again. I do know two women who have met their boyfriends online. However, it's not for me. It's very time consuming to read all the profiles and I have heard too many horror stories about men posting old/fake photos or just lying about their single status. Seeing how one of the things I miss about living back east is the sense of community and the daily human contact, why would I date online?

Seeing this article in the NYTs sealed the deal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/nyregion/07triangle.html?ref=nyregion

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi! Glad to see you back, and glad you had a wonderful, relaxing time!

I have no personal experience with online dating, but a co-worker/friend has had varying degrees of success with it. When she first signed up, she found a great guy, but because she had been married since she was 22 (she's now 51), she...well let's just say she scared him off!

Since then, she's had a few nice dates, several awful dates, and two great dates. She's spending time getting to know these two men (and not scaring them off!), and it seems to be working for her.

I don't know if I would be able to do it, especially after reading that story!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Hey Kali...I hope you had a nice holiday.

I tried it before and had some bizarro dates. LOL

Anonymous said...

Okay, you know how I feel about this issue. I wholeheartedly urge you to reconsider this. We were just talking about it last night. Everyone on the site(s) can't be crazy because...you know people who are on there who are not crazy! But while you're working yourself up to this, do a "front"-ground check (find out as much dirt before you meet them)! Go to this site -
www.whatdoyouknowaboutromeo.com