Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Treadmills vs. walking around Rome

This jet lag is not fun. I felt like I was drunk all day at work yesterday. My office loved the biscotti I brought back.

Yesterday I woke up at 4:00 a.m. so I made a pizza sauce. I bought the pizza dough at Trader Joe's and made the pizza for dinner last night. A pizza stone really makes a difference, it was delicious.

Today woke up at 2:00 a.m. then at 5:00 a.m. I went to the gym at 5:30. I was bored to tears walking on the treadmill. I tried to visualize walking around the cobblestone streets near Piazza Navona instead but it didn't quite work.

I told my sister the next time I go to Rome I want to be looking at apts. for a long term stay. It is just too hard to come back.

4 comments:

Tracie P. said...

when it gets too hard, you'll just leave. that's how it happened to me. i had a great life in austin, but i just didn't want to come back!

avery said...

You were in Rome????? I can't believe I missed the pleasure of meeting you! I take a little break from blogging and miss out on all the fun....
Hopefully you will be headed this way again soon.
And yeah, jet lag sucks.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Yes Avery I was in Rome but it was for a very short trip (given I had to fly from L.A.) only 6 days.

After this weekend I think my jet lag will be over. One can only hope.

Anonymous said...

Oh! l have that feeling everytime l leave Italy! The visualisation on the treadmill is great until l start hearing the accents around me!!
l agree with tracie.b one day you will just do it.