Thursday, June 21, 2007

Destination: Rome, the rewrite

After two weeks of waking up at 4:30 to write before work, I printed out a copy of draft #14. I am happy with how things are going so far. I think I am addressing the notes from my editor.

I can't believe how much I missed writing and working on this particular story. I do like this part of the process. It's like the foundation has been built and now I'm picking the colors, hanging the drapes, etc. I had fewer moments of "What the hell am I doing? This is terrible. What made me think I could write a novel? I could be sleeping or working out".

I will be using the next couple of days to read through the ms with my red pen ready. I hope to be done with this draft by mid July.

6 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

You are an inspiration! Vai, vai, vai!!!!

Giulia said...

Wow... the only time I ever woke up at 4:30 a.m. was when my girls were newborns, or are sick. Other than that, I have to be draaaaaged out of bed. Have fun picking those colors and hanging those drapes! ;)

Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Wow, I am so proud of you and in awe of your discipline. I just can't wait to get the book in my hands!!! And, don't let those doubts have any space in your mind... there's no need to even go there, just keep moving forward.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

grazie ladies!!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I am proud of you... that takes such determination. I wish more of us had it, including me.

Will you be posting more about it when you are done?


Scarlett & V.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

wanderlust - grazie...yes I plan to post about the whole process. Hopefully it won't be too stressful. :)