Friday, February 08, 2008

Flashback Friday - Shannon "Let The Music Play"

Ah a classic from 1984. It still gets played in clubs today. This song along with Madonna's "Holiday" were the monster dance hits from that year.

Later I would hear this song at parties in college and we would bust out with the dance the Wop. Now when I hear the song I always think of the Delta pledge line. There were always rumors on campus when a line was going to debut. We would be at a frat party at Skytop (a campus venue), the lights would dim and then the line would come out. Even the kids who were not into the Greek system (they called themselves, MPM, Me Phi Me or GDI, G*d Damn Independent) would get into it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.


5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh... does this put me in clubs! LOL... the disco dresses/the puffy sleeves! Wow! Flashback indeed.

And you know it IS funny, because I thought somehow the two Flashback Fridays were connected... your Flashback Fridays are more like Soccer Mom in Denial's Music Mondays. All these bloggy games can be fun... and confusing!

Anyway, I've loved your forays into 80s Flash. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this song. I liked it lots when it came out and I still like it now.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jen - At some point I should get into the 90s ha.

j. doe - You're welcome. It's such a great dance song.

Lola Gets said...

This isnt my favorite song from her. That would be "Give Me Tonight." I though it was much better, more danceable, but for some reason, it hardly got any radio play.

L

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

lola gets - I love that song as well. I went back and forth on which one to post. This one had such strong college memories so it made the cut. "Give Me Tonight" was big on New York City radio/clubs.