Friday, October 09, 2009

Flashback Friday – Jennifer Lopez - "If You Had My Love"

I cannot believe this song dropped TEN years ago.

I remember my colleagues saying she was going to be huge. From her first scene in "Selena" you could tell she had "it". I still think her best performance was in OUT OF SIGHT.

The "Bennifer" backlash hurt both her and Ben Affleck. And now she's at that tough age for Hollywood film actresses. I'm curious to see how her career progresses.

The camera LOVES her. Even in a blah film like MAID IN MANHATTAN you have to look at her. That's star quality and unfortunately in Hollywood it's in short supply.

Have a great weekend!

Here's the first VIDEO from J. Lo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her journey and success through Hollywood is interesting to watch. There is no doubt that she is talented and has been supported by some talented people but I wonder if the splintering of her talents (I want to act, sing, design)has fractured her career in a way that distracts from that talent...

gibber said...

Oh man. I was at Sony Music when this album came out. I remember all the hype, promotion, confusion about the album title (duh ppl, 6 train much?) etc...

Waiting for tonight and lets get loud are the best songs on that album. I like this song too, but there is one part that has grated on me since we (ha!) released it. Her voice cracks and like NO ONE caught it and fixed it. UGH. Drives me freakin crazy every time i hear it!!

god...i can't believe it's been 10 years!!!!!!!!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

simone - good point. Perhaps they did.

gibber - I can't believe there was on confusion about the title. I think it's a great one. Today, I'm sure they would fix the crack. I kind of like that it's not perfect.